Looking for a warm meal this weekend? Keep reading for a Hearty Turkey Stew Recipe using some ingredients from this week’s Good Food Box!
-1lb Ground Turkey
-1 tsp Olive Oil
-2 Cloves of Garlic
-3 medium Potatoes diced
-3 large Carrots diced
-1 medium Onion diced
-2 cups Chicken Broth
-1tsp Italian seasoning
-Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add turkey
2. Stir turkey in skillet for about 5 minutes or until browned
3. Add in chopped onion and carrot, then add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are softened
4. Add in potato, broth, and salt and pepper
5. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until potato has softened
-Try adding some frozen veggies like corn, peas, or beans!
– Add in some red chilli flakes if you want a bit of spice
– Enjoy with a baguette or french bread
Accessibility Cooking Tips:
1. Bring a chair into the kitchen or sit at the table while chopping up the ingredients so you don’t need to stand for as long
2. Use utensils with larger handles if you have decreased grip strength or dexterity
3. Set a timer each time you leave the stew to cook so you don’t forget about it!