The weather has been so cold lately, and all I’ve wanted to do is snuggle up with a warm blanket and watch a movie. The cold weather also makes me crave yummy warm food! If you want a warm, easy side dish then keep reading!
Sautéed Carrots and Leeks
- 2 Leeks finely chopped
- 4 Carrots finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all of the ingredients in a pan on the stove on medium-high heat and cover with a lid
- Keep covered for about 10 minutes until liquids evaporate
- Uncover pan and stir the mixture until the carrots are lightly browned and soft (about 2 minutes)
- Turn off stove, remove from heat, and enjoy!
- Set a timer so you don’t burn your food!
- Put a note next to the stove so you remember to turn it off once you’re done!
- If you can’t stand for long, bring a chair into the kitchen to sit on while you chop the ingredients
- Take out all your ingredients before you start to make sure you have everything you need