Hi again everyone!
In this week’s good food box, I got a ton of carrots! I was originally going to use them to make a stir-fry, but then I decided to combine them with the broccoli to make a delicious, easy-to-make, and healthy side dish!
Oven Roasted Carrots and Broccoli:
- Broccoli (1 head)
- Carrots (about 3 medium)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or Vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and dry the carrots and broccoli using cold water
- Slice the carrots into pieces about 2 inches long
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces
- Put the broccoli and carrots in a large bowl along with the oil and salt and pepper
- Toss the vegetables around in the bowl until they are coated in oil
- Place the vegetables onto a baking sheet in a single layer
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper to make the cleanup process easier
- If you have a lot going on this week, make some extra to save time and energy next time! These are good in the fridge for a few days and can be re-heated in the microwave
- Don’t forget to set a time when you put the vegetables in the oven!