Do you like muffins? If so, read the recipe below for a great treat!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
1 and 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 large ripe bananas (about 1 and 1/2 cups mashed)*
6 Tablespoons butter, melted (or melted coconut oil)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons milk
*optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. On medium speed, beat or whisk in the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then beat until combined. If adding nuts or chocolate chips, fold them in now. Batter will be thick.
5. Spoon the batter into liners, filling them all the way to the top. Bake for 23-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
-Do all of the mixing at your table so you can sit down
-Set two timers so you don’t forget, one on the oven and one on your phone
-Put the ingredients away as you use them so you remember what you’ve already used