April 23, 2021 

SSD Council Meeting Minutes

Attendance: NB, JD, JuD, DJ and JG

Staff: FL & SP

  1. Call to Order at 6:05pm
  2. Territory Acknowledgement 
    • We acknowledge with respect the Lekwungen peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
    • NB and SP acknowledge the territories.
  3. Ratification of Minutes 
    • Council Meeting Minutes of 2021/04/09
      • Motion carries.
  4. Adoption of Agenda 
    • Agenda of 2021/04/23 – JuD/JG
      • Motion to amend the agenda – JG/JuD
      • BIRT a discussion point about meeting times this summer is added.
        • Motion to amend the agenda carries.
      •     Motion to adopt the agenda as amended carries.
  5. Presentations & Announcements 
    • Presentations 
    • Announcements
  6. Reports 
    • Council Members 
      • i. Chairperson – NB (Last UVSS meeting was this week)
      • ii. Treasurer – ES (vacant)
      • iii. UVSS Representative – DJ (onboarding next week)
      • iv. Student Liaison – JuD (Access for All in the Fall review, Doodlepolls in Discord)
      • v. Graduate Student Representative – Vacant
      • vi. International Student Representative – Vacant
      • vii. General Member at Large – DB (Absent)
      • viii. General Member at Large – GB (Absent)
      • ix. General Member at Large – JG
      • x. General Member at Large – JD
      • xi. General Member at Large – NBa (Absent)
      • xii. General Member at Large – Vacant
      • xiii. Secretary – Vacant
    • Staff Reports: 
      • FL: Upcoming events in May, Poster runs with SP to bolster attendance, Tea and Game Socials picking up since exams
      • SP: Posting events, Work Study switchover, Crafternoon possibilities (Stress management, Journal workshop??)
  7. Main Motions 
    • Priority Business 
    • New Business 
    • Old Business
  8. Discussion 
    • Priority Discussion 
      • Discussion Point 2021/04/23: 01 – JuD 
        • Fall class accessibility
        • Survey to send people about positive aspects of online class access, If anyone has questions
      • Discussion Point 2021/04/23: 02 – JuD 
        • Community needs survey
      • Discussion Point 2021/04/23: 03 – DJ
        • Forming a marketing/social media committee
        • SP and DJ to meet and discuss what to bring to next Council meetings
      • Discussion Point 2021/04/23: 04 – SP
        • Determining Council meeting times this summer
    • New Discussion 
    • Old Discussion
  9. In Camera 
    1. Personnel Report 
    2. Funding Request Review
  10. Meeting Times
    1. NB will send out poll for May meetings
  11. Adjournment at 6:50pm